Terms & Conditions
- All Driver/Hirers accept full responsibility for the security and care of the caravan, its contents and all property owned by Capricorn Caravan Hire at all times.
- All Driver/Hirers must hold a Full Unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and be at least 25 years of age and under 75 years old.
- All Hirers need to confirm they have current Drivers Licence, current vehicle Registration and comprehensive insurance policy for the Tow Vehicle.
- All Hirers need to pass a 100 Points Identification Process egg: (Current – Photo Licence, Medicare Card, Credit Card, Passport, Rate Notice etc.)
- All Driver/Hirers need to be identified on the Hire Agreement before towing any Capricorn Caravan Hire caravans.
- Driver/Hirers must not tow the Capricorn Caravan Hire caravan whilst under the influence of Alcohol and or Drugs.
- The Hirers are not permitted to lend or sub-lease the Caravan plus any of its equipment supplied
by Capricorn Caravan Hire to any other persons.
- Use in other States or Territories is only permitted with prior agreement and if shown clearly in Capricorn Caravan Hire Rental Agreement.
- Please ensure that at all times Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravan is towed in a safe manner
according to road and weather conditions.
Minimum Hire Period
- 3 Days Hire is the minimum hire period available during Non School Holiday periods.
- A minimum hire period of 1 week blocks only available during Queensland and New South Wales School Holiday periods unless otherwise agreed to by Capricorn Caravan Hire. This means Hire periods commence on a Monday to Saturday is a 1 week block, Hirer’s wishing to hire for 2 weeks will have Monday to the following Saturday.
- The day of pick up is counted as Day 1 of the Rental, regardless of the time of day (no earlier then 7am pick-up) and the returned day is counted as the Final Day of Rental.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire caravans must be returned by 4pm of last day of hire. Late Return charges may occur.
- Any request for additional days is at the discretion of Capricorn Caravan Hire and will rely entirely
on future demand and availability.
No refunds given for early terminations of a Hire Agreement
- In the event of a cancellation of a booking, Capricorn Caravan Hire in assessing whether there is to be a refund of any of the sum paid to the hirer shall be entitled to retain such sum as is reasonably assessed by Capricorn Caravan Hire for administrative expenses relating to the agreement and the loss of rental for declining to hire the caravan to another person on account of this booking and any other loss.
- Any request for additional days is at the discretion of Capricorn Caravan Hire management and will rely entirely on future demand and availability
- This option is not available. All Caravans are to be pickup and returned to Capricorn Caravan Hires business address.
- Any Caravan not returned and needing retrieval, the hirer will be charged at $110.00 per hour travel each way plus the appropriate Daily Hire Rate.
Terms of Payment
- A deposit of $200.00 is payable as a Booking Fee/Holding Fee, this is NON-REFUNABLE.
- FULL PAYMENT for the hire period is required 3 weeks prior to pickup of our caravans. (8 weeks for School Holiday periods)
- Security Bond of $1,000.00 is payable by cash, credit card (VISA, Mastercard) bank cheque, money order or by direct deposit prior to departure (covering excesses and insurance costs). Long Term Hire (over 4 weeks) will require an additional bond according to area of travel.
- The Security Bond is refunded in part or whole depending on the condition of the Caravan on return to Capricorn Caravan Hire. This payment is released within 7 working days, after Capricorn Caravan Hire has carried out a full inventory and condition/damage assessment. In the event there is damage to the caravan internally or externally, this time may be extended until a Qualified Repairer can assess the damage.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire reserves the right of hire refusal to any persons deemed unsuitable.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire reserves the right to cancel the Hire Agreement at any given time should the Terms of Payment be contravened and the Booking Fee/Holding Deposit of $200.00 will not be refunded.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire takes no responsibility for the hirer’s personal effects. Capricorn Caravan Hires insurance policy does not provide cover for the hirer’s personal effects and it is recommended that the hirer insure their own personal effects e.g.: IPods, Phones, Cameras, Videos etc
- Should any damage occur to a Capricorn Caravan Hire caravan, depending on the severity the entire or part of Security Bond is retained at the discretion of Capricorn Caravan Hire. Should the cost of replacement/repair exceed the Security Bond of $1,000.00, the Hirer will forfeit the entire bond.
- Take care not to damage to awnings, shades and annexes. All damage and costs will be the hirer’s responsibility. The hirer will be responsible for all costs outside the bond. Care is to be taken in keeping the awning, shades and or annex in a clean condition and free from stains.
- Insurance does not cover damage caused by sea water. The hirer will be responsible for all damages caused by sea water.
- Should the repair or replacement cost exceed the bond, the hirer will be responsible for paying any additional amounts.
- Other then fair wear and tear, damage to the Tyres and Rims of the Caravan is the responsibility of the Hirer, should tyre(s) puncture, blow or shred they must be replaced with a tyre of equivalent size and ratings by the Hirer at their expense.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravans must not be altered, modified, or tampered with in any way either internally or externally.
- Items are not to be stored on the Caravan floor as this can cause damage to floor covering and furniture e.g.: BBQ’s, Gas Bottles, Esky’s and Ice Boxes, Engel/Waeco Fridges, Surf/Boogie Boards or any hard item that is likely to cause damage.
- Any items found to be broken, missing, substituted or lost will be deducted from the Hirers Security Bond.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire must be advised in the event of a breakdown as soon as possible. It is the hirer’s responsibility to make sure that the Caravan is secure at all times. Capricorn Caravan Hire shall not be liable for expenditure, inconvenience, loss or damage incurred by the hirer in the event of a breakdown.
- In the event of an accident involving the Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravan, the Hirer must notify Capricorn Caravan Hire as soon as possible.
- The Hirer is responsible for making the report to the Police in the event of any accident.
- The Hirer is responsible for obtaining the following details: Name, DOB, Address, Phone Numbers, Driving Licence details of any other drivers involved, the Registration number, Make, Model and Colour of any other vehicles involved, the name and address details of any witnesses present at the time of accident and the Police Officers Name and Station where accident is reported.
- The Driver/Hirer is fully responsible for paying any infringements e.g.: Traffic, Parking, Toll etc. that is incurred during period of hire.
Loading and Vehicle Compatibility
- Specs vary from tow bar manufacturers, vehicle manufacturers and road safety groups. Capricorn Caravan Hire cannot hire to the owner of a vehicle that does not comply. All Towing Vehicles must have a tow rating suitable for the weight of the Caravan.
- Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravans MUST NOT exceed their ATM. We can assist with loading techniques but the ultimate responsibility is with the Driver/Hirer.
- All Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravans have electric brakes fitted.
- All Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravans have a Seven Pin Round Small Plug fitted. Capricorn Caravan Hire can provide adaptors if required.
- Pets are not permitted in any of Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravans.
- For On Road caravans- “On Road” means bitumen only other than dirt access roads to camping areas or national parks
- For Off Road caravans- “Off Road” means all major roads and sundry roads, dirt or bitumen, and mapped/designated roads. Travelling dirt roads or tracks designated as “4 Wheel Drive Only” and areas such as Tanami Track, Gibb River Road, Canning Stock Route and Sturt Stony Desert are strictly prohibited for Capricorn Caravan Hire caravans. The caravan must not be driven on roads designated unlawful or unsuitable for towing caravans. The caravan must not be driven on a beach or in fresh or salt-water creeks or rivers or below high water mark under any circumstances.
- The Caravan is to be returned in a clean and tidy condition both inside and out. Excessive cleaning will result in a charge against your bond.
- NO SOLVENTS OR CHEMICALS to be used on any Capricorn Caravan Hire property. Light detergent solutions only!
- If the Caravan is not cleaned to a satisfactory condition, a cleaning fee will be deducted from your bond at a rate of $50.00 per hour or a maximum of $250.00. (Capricorn Caravan Hire reserves the right to deduct the cleaning fee from the bond)
- Capricorn Caravan Hire Caravan’s fitted with a toilet and/or shower must be returned in a clean state. All waste material must be removed from the toilet cassette and the cassette must be washed out. Failure to do so will incur an additional charge against your bond of $200.
- No Smoking is permitted in Capricorn Caravan Hire caravans or under awnings/annexes. Any Smoke Smell including that from campfires could result in a charge against your bond.
Owners Right to Change Booking
- The Owners reserve the right to change the booked Caravan to that of one in similar size with similar features but may not be the same brand or model as that of the original caravan booking.
Indemnity and Loss
The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified CAPRICORN CARAVAN HIRE from and against all claims, loss, damages and expenses whatsoever, incurred directly or indirectly by reason of any breach of this Agreement, negligence, malicious or tortious act or other wrongdoing by the Hirer or a person occupying using or operating the caravan and without limiting the foregoing, the Hirer shall indemnify CAPRICORN CARAVAN HIRE for:
- All damage to or loss of the caravan howsoever arising to the extent to which the same is not recoverable under any policy or insurance or on account of any act or omission or breach of this agreement by the hirer or any act or omission of a person operating using or occupying the caravan except to the extent caused or contributed by the owner.
- Injury to or death of any person and damage to any property and all claims, damages, losses and expenses howsoever arising from or incidental to the possession, use, operation or towing of the caravan except to the extent caused or contributed by the owner;
- The owner may in addition to its other rights immediately terminate this agreement for any breach by the hirer of any provision expressly provided for in this agreement or implied by law.
- In the event of termination of this agreement the owner shall immediately be entitled to retake possession of the caravan.
- The hirer by signing the agreement confirms and agrees that he/she has read the above terms and conditions and understands and agrees fully with these terms and conditions.
- The hirer agrees that he/she is fully aware and will follow the correct procedures for using all of the equipment supplied and that the equipment is in good working condition upon commencement of the hire period as per the Departure Condition Report.
- The hirer agrees that the equipment will only be used for its intended and manufactured purpose.
Please allow 1.5 hours to complete a thorough caravan demonstration, paperwork and Bond collection before you are on your way.
The Caravan must be returned in the same condition it was received, clean and tidy, internally and externally.